“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” Thomas Jefferson
The resurgence of American pride and interest in the Founding Fathers and the Constitution warms my heart. Perhaps, we owe Obama a bit of gratitude for providing himself as a common enemy as a rallying point for Americans to find their voices again. He also is a warning to Americans about what can be done quickly by a Socialist/Communist agenda to undermine our country. Every patriotic American must become an activist for America.
- Speak to your co-workers, friends and family. Inform people of what is going on – you will be surprised how many are unaware.
- Take 20 minutes on your lunch break to call Congress and your representatives to tell them what you think – EVERY DAY
- Send emails and tweets to Congress – remind them that they work for the American People!
- Join a Tea Party or 912 group in your area and network with others of like mind – Supporting each other gives us energy and hope (not hopium) which we need to keep fighting
- In this challenging economic climate, remember that a donation of time and energy is just as important as money
- Get talking points – keep it simple as you speak to other people
- Be informed! Read newspapers, blogs – tune into Conservative radio and tv – There are many good sources of information
- Know the opposition – it is worth it to tune in to what the other side is doing so that we can be prepared
- READ THE BILLS – this is the legislation that will affect your way of life – read the bills – it is your right as an American citizen and your duty as a patriot!
- Know your elected officials – find out what they stand for – how have they voted on important issues to you? Knowledge is a powerful tool!
- Don’t assume someone else will do it for you – that is the Culture of Apathy mindset that Obama is counting on to change the face of America into a nanny society
- Be passionate – what makes you proud to be an American? What impacts you personally? Make it your own!
- Brush up on the basics – read about the Founding Fathers & the Constitution and how their vision of America is completely relevant today
- Stay focused! So much is going on – pick one thing and focus!
- BE OUTRAGED – Understand how Obama’s plan is going to affect you and your family and funnel that outrage into ACTION!
“Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.” Thomas Jefferson
“If there be one principle more deeply rooted than any other in the mind of every American, it is, that we should have nothing to do with conquest.” Thomas Jefferson