The Silent Majority is silent no more and it arrived in DC on September 12, 2009! Lady Libertas monitored the activity from her underground bunker (aka the living room couch) and twitter.
My heart swelled with pride to see the hundreds of thousands converge on our Capitol to protest status quo politics from both parties.
CNN kindly provided a great live stream online but CSPAN emerged as the real outlet as they streamed live coverage on tv of the whole event, including speakers. This will be replayed on tv on Monday at 8pm eastern and you can also see it here on the website.
Glenn Beck dialed in from New York – and I think it is worth noting that Glenn was NOT happy about being in New York versus the epicenter in DC. His inspirational 912 project has provided much of the foundation of the Conservative Movement.
MSNBC reported as well – at one point, they said that there were 500 people at the March. Sounded like sour grapes to me. The NY Times was calling it a protest against President Obama (see article here) which just goes to show that they ARE NOT LISTENING.
Tweeps that were attending the DC March sent Tweets back to report the excited mood and exclaim about how many people were there. Twitter was a bit chaotic last night ( hashtag #912dc) as reports kept coming in and the Liberal Troll Brigade did their very best to discredit any and all information about the March. The primary target of the Liberal Troll Brigade? The numbers.
Do they truly believe that by diminishing the number of attendees at the March that we will all magically disappear? That we will not continue this momentum through 2010 elections and all the way to 2012?
There has not been any release of official numbers but here is what we do know:
- All reports on the ground of those who spoke to Metro Police and Capitol Hill Police were coming back at a million people
- “tens of thousands” seems to be the mainstream media cop-out but would DC have shut down over tens of thousands? Not likely in the city that is renowned for the enormous Marches – from Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), “You have redefined gridlock in Washington.”
- Counters at Freedom Plaza had reached 450K by noon & the March was scheduled to start at 1pm (see more here) and people were still entering Freedom Plaza after the March had reached the Capitol
- Entire trains full of protesters and those in cars and buses were caught outside the city when all roads and trains were shut down
- Those on the ground know what they saw 🙂 – even in the climate of the Administration who asks us to disbelieve our eyes and ears
The best part of any protest are the signs and Tea Partiers like their signs:
‘Nat’l HC is like a hospital gown. You think you’re covered, but you’re not’
Obama thought bubble “What would Hugo Chavez do?”
“I’m not racist. I don’t like Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi either!”
“The road to hell is a shovel ready project.”
Of course, the best way to judge for yourself is to do just that – look at the videos and pictures and form your own opinion. Lady Libertas is very familiar with DC and my vote for the numbers is that I can easily see it being a million, but in the end….I just send out a big HOORAY for all of us that have been fighting the good fight – WE ROCK!
Canada Free Press Aricle – We the People Come to DC (reporting hundreds of thousands)
UK Daily Mail Article (reporting two million)
Lady Libertas will have more pictures soon from the March – we will wait for the Patriots to recover 🙂 !
A LADY LIBERTAS SALUTE TO ALL ON 9/12 – I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN AND WALK WITH ALL OF YOU!